Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 12:03 AM, CDT

I wanted to share a part of my favorite book The Velveteen Rabbit. I have always loved this book and had a velveteen rabbit that I kept with meall the time, even when I was deployed on the ship when I was in the Navy, up until I moved in with Matt :)
I read this book to Elizabeth when I was pregnant, after one of our more stressful visits to the high risk doctor. And I read it to her again the night before her trach surgery.  It reminds me when things get rough that nothing else matters except how much we love Elizabeth and that she is able to love us back!


"What is REAL?" asked the Rabbit one day, when they were lying side by side near the nursery fender, before Nana came to tidy the room. "Does it mean having things that buzz inside you and a stick-out handle?" "Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse.
 "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but Really loves you, then you become Real." "Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit. "Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. "When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."

No comments:

Post a Comment