Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thursday, September 16, 2010 9:48 PM, CDT

Elizabeth woke me up around 7am today by pulling her ventilaotor off of her trach, thats a scary alarm to wake up too!! But she was pretty content and happy to see me, so it was worth the wake up.  They started weaning back on the sedation today so she was awake more and did well with it, so hopefully they will continue to wean her off of it but it will be a slow process. The nurse gave her bath last night but she still kinda smelled sweaty to us, so Aunt Carie and my Mom helped me wipe her off with some smell good baby soap, so she no longer stinks ;)  Occupational Therapy visited her again today and worked on some range of motion with her legs/arms and did some baby massage, just so she doesnt associate all touch as being negative from being poked and stuck so much.  Other than that it was a pretty uneventful day, Matt and I will be learning to change trach out tomorrow, which I am extemely nervous about doing, but we have to learn and be able to care for her at home. It seems easy and I have heard from other families its really not a big deal, but it kinda scares me and I hate to think it hurts her since the trach site is still so new and probably sore and I now have to be the one to do it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment