Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:03 PM, CST

Elizabeth had another stable day..thankfully! The more stable she gets the better her chances of being listed soon. I think It will be a very scary time when she actually gets listed. It will make all of this more real. I worry about her not getting listed but at the same time being listed means that she really isn't going to get better on her own. I mean we have known for a while that she wasn't getting better, but there is always a sliver of hope that she would suddenly decide to follow the "give her time, she will get better" route that we had been told may happen.
Seems strange to me to want her to have a lung transplant. When I went to the store yesterday, the lady asked where I was from and what brought me to Texas. When I told her that my daughter was here for a lung transplant, she seemed kinda shocked for a few minutes. Then I thought it about it and realized she probably thinks I am crazy for not being totally sad and disappointed that my child is in need of such a major surgery. But I think getting to a point of knowing this is the only thing that will save her makes the thought of it something to look forward too.
I realize that transplant is not going to be easy and it is not a cure. She will continue to have numerous doctor visits, medications and issues in general. And the constant fear of her rejecting new lungs or getting infections will always keep us on our toes. But she will be alive and the benefits will be well worth the work! I have talked to numerous Moms who have been right where I am and know the emotions that go along with this journey. Words can not express how thankful I am to these ladies for taking the time to talk to me and reassure me that there are better days ahead. None of us want this for our children, but are grateful for the gift. Seeing pictures and hearing the stories of Lucy, Faybree, Wrenn, and Faith have made me see that there is hope for Elizabeth to have a happy, playful life outside of a hospital.

There has been alot of work going on back home in setting up fundraisers and I just wanted to take a few minutes to thank everyone who has been invovled in the planning and organization of these events! We appreicate it more than you know. And I hope to one day be able to help you as much as you have helped us!! We love you all very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment