Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday, December 12, 2010 9:52 PM, CST

Gotta love my ability to locate people via the internet ~ Must be part of my awesome police skills ;)

I was able to find the most recent infant transplant recipient at Texas Childrens a little girl named Faith, who got her lungs in September. I emailed her mom and she was so nice to return my email, and we were able to talk on the phone for a while tonight.
She gave alot of info on Texas and set my mind at ease. SO we have decided in the morning we will proceed with getting transferred to Texas. At this point we feel delaying transport to contact St Louis would put Elizabeth at greater risk. We have heard great things about Texas, and I have researched their stats and feel that it is just as good of a choice as St Louis. We also feel that things have just fallen into place for this and feel that it is the best option for us at this point. So new goal is to get to Texas ASAP, and my wish is for Elizabeth to be listed for transplant by Christmas (thats just my wish not sure how realistic it is but we shall see).
  We will update as soon as we know more.
So please pray and hope we can get this approved quickly and that the weather clears here so we can get outta here this week!! It has been snowing in Nashville all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment