Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 11:52 PM

Elizabeth is still doing well. Her pentabarb (sedation) was decreased again today and she has been more awake tonight. Looking around and chewing on everything :) Matt's mom got in town yesterday, so its good that Elizabeth is awake and able to see her. As I mentioned a fellow officer was killed in the line of duty, I have struggled with wanting to be home for his service. To honor him, and to be there to support my brothers/sisters who have supported us so much over the past year. I will be flying home to Chattanooga in the morning for the 1st time since November, and returning here early Friday morning. I have felt torn between staying with Elizabeth, and going home. But I feel that things just "worked out" for me to be able to go home. Elizabeth is stable and Matt's mom is here to help him. I know the trip home will be heart wrenching in itself, but feel strongly that I need to go. And of course, there is always a chance that Elizabeth will get an offer while I am traveling or once I get home. We already have a plan in place if that happens. And who knows, maybe it will work out that Elizabeth gets an offer just in time for me to turn around and come right back to her :) Wouldn't that be a great way to end a sad trip home!

No comments:

Post a Comment