Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday, April 8, 2011 4:43 PM

So we just learned that Elizabeth got an offer for lungs last night. Her 3rd offer, and they were still not good enough!! We also just found out that the transplant program here, CLOSED today at noon, and Elizabeth is now listed as inactive until Friday. I am pretty upset about all of this, I want so badly for her to be on the road to normal. But at the same time I want her to have the PERFECT lungs. This week has been incrediably difficult and emotional. I sometimes wonder how much more we can take. But then I look around and see, it could always be worse. I am grateful for Elizabeth and her strength. Her new lungs will come, but maybe it will just be the fourth try.
~~~ I am editing this to add in, please keep the family that offered Elizabeth the gift of life in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment