Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday, April 4, 2011 9:30 PM

Elizabeth continues to truck right along. She is still stable, and I remind myself to be grateful for this. But at the same time I feel horrible for her. Laying in a hospital bed, hooked up to machines to keep her breathing and drugged up is not the life I want for her. "This" has been her life for the past five months (not including all the other times before this). I sometimes wonder how she can stay so strong and keep fighting. But I am thankful that she does. And everyday I wish and pray she can hold on just a little longer until her angel is able to give her the new lungs she needs. She looks so sad sometimes when she is awake, and it breaks my heart. She is 15 months old and has never rolled over, never crawled, never walked, and is no where close to being able to talk. But I know all of these things WILL happen, If she just gets a chance. I find myself wondering what it will be like to see her without any tubes or wires or machines monitoring her 24 hours a day. That is all we have known since she was born. Sometimes I think it is a dream for me to even think this could happen.
   Please continue to pray for her strength and her ability to continue to wait. She has fought so long, and DESERVES the chance to live outside of a hospital bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment