Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday, June 18, 2011 9:42 AM

Just a short update to let you all know about the results from the PH probe. It looks like she is not refluxing and will NOT be needing the surgery on her stomach!! We are still waiting for the final word from the surgeon but as of now pulmonology is pretty positive that he will refuse to do it. So for us that is great news!! But again, if she continues to have issues with gagging/vomiting it will be re-evalauted and at some point in the future she may need the surgery.

So our "plan" now. This week she will have an echo on her heart, her hearing exam and the bronchoscopy to check her lungs for signs of infection or rejection. IF all of those go well we should be heading to our apartment here in Houston soon. She is up to 10.5 hours on the passy muir valve/oxygen during the day and still on the ventilator at night. Which means we will have to have home nursing care at the apartment, which we are not excited about. But we will continue to work towards weaning her off the ventilator and eventually getting rid of the trach. And then we will see where we stand at her 3 month post transplant exam at the end of July.

Hope everyone has a great Father's Day weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment