Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday, June 17, 2011 10:10 AM

Today marks our 6 month stay here at Texas Children's Hospital. Some days it seems like we have been here much longer, and others no where near that long. When I think about all Elizabeth has been through and all the decisions and emotions Matt and I have experienced I truly wonder how we did it. I am still amazed at just how strong Elizabeth is and all she has endured.

I went back and found my last post from the night before we left Nashville 6 months ago:   "So, my feelings about all of this!! I am so scared of this trip because I know when we leave Tennessee tomorrow our lives will change forever. When we come back home it will either be one of the happiest or saddest days for us. I feel sick thinking about it. I want so badly for this to be our miracle. But I also know for us to get our miracle another family will have to lose theirs. I think that is one of the hardest things about transplant, wanting so badly for us to get listed and get lungs. But knowing that another child will have to die so that she can live. I only hope that when the time comes the donor family knows how special their child is and what a difference they will make for our precious Elizabeth"

And that basically sums it up! We knew when we left Tennessee that we would return home two ways: either without Elizabeth, or with Elizabeth and lungs of angel. Either way our lives are forever changed. We are so very grateful to EVERYONE who has supported us emotionally and financially. We realize how lucky we are to have such an amazing support system. And we hope that you all know we realize we would not have been able to do this without your help and support.

I know we always talk about wanting to be home and missing our normal. But I know being home sooner and being normal again would have meant being without Elizabeth, so until she is ready we are perfectly capable of being where ever she needs for how ever long that may be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment