Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday, May 8, 2011 9:22 AM

Elizabeth is still doing about the same as far  as progress with the trach collar and pressure support trials. We are adjusting to life in PCU. Next week we will start having classes about all of the anti-rejection meds she is on, and learning about the doses, giving them, and what side effects to look out for. All of this in preperation for HOME. There is a question as to how much support we are willing to leave the hospital on. There is a chance it will take Elizabeth a little while to get strong enough to not need a ventilator or oxygen. So we could possibly be leaving here with a home vent/oxygen with a plan to continue to work on weaning her off of it while outpatient. But all of that is still up in the air and we will talk about it more this week. But for right now she still has the chest tubes in, so it will be a little while before we have to decide anything.
   Since today is Mother's Day, I just wanted to share that 2 years ago today is when I found out I was pregnant with Elizabeth. Everyone always says having a child will change your life forever. Little did I know just how much my life would change. The past 2 years have been a true roller coaster of emotions being a mommy. I am just so thankful for Elizabeth and all that she has taught me. She is such a strong little girl and I only hope that she knows how much she means to me and how much I love her. I would give anything to change what all she has been through, but I am so thankful I was chosen to be her mommy.
  I would like to ask that you please keep our donor mom in your thoughts and prayers today. I am sure that today will be a difficult day for her. I am thankful to her today and everyday for the precious gift her angel gave us.

No comments:

Post a Comment